Monday, July 21, 2008

Little Deeds for Little Warrior, A Warrior of Another Sort, and Of Course, A Few More Flowers. (photo dump)




It was a small effort, but the little man and I donated a puzzle to library last week. We donated it under the name, "Little Warrior." I love keeping Little Warrior in mind as we move through our days. If you haven't heard of Little Warrior, learn more about her at Love through Action.








The older boy made some paper mache armor last week at art camp.















The hornets have arrived en masse. They used to really bother me, but since my flower garden has grown, they pretty much keep to themselves. We just give them space. But my god, look at that fantastic and scary stinger!











The first sunflower has bloomed. I planted more sunflowers than ever this year, and I look forward to each of them blooming.









And the most exciting thing to me as a lover of flowers, my first ever clematis bloom. I have been trying to get a clematis cutting to take for years, and this is the first bloom I've ever gotten.

1 comment:

plaidshoes said...

I like to keep LW in my mind, too. That is great that you donated a puzzle - I am wondering if our library could use something like that.

The hornets have also arrived here. But like you said, they seem to be keeping to the flowering plants. As long as they stay there, I will be ok!

Bookshelf

Shannon's currently-reading book montage

The Complete Poems
Collected Poems
Kenya: Between Hope and Despair, 1963-2011
Anti-Bias Education for young children and ourselves
I Laugh So I Won't cry: kenya's Women Tell the Stories of Their Lives
How to Be Compassionate: a Handbook for Creating Inner Peace and a Happier World
Children
The Hundred Languages of Children: The Reggio Emilia Approach Advanced Reflections
The Secret Garden


Shannon's favorite books »

Shannon's read-in-2012 book montage

Rethinking Early Childhood Education
Anti-Bias Curriculum: Tools for Empowering Young Children
Safari Animals
Young Children Reinvent Arithmetic: Implications of Piaget's theory (early childhood education series
Total Learning: Developmental Curriculum for the Young Child
Clinical Supervision and Teacher Development


Shannon's favorite books »
}